Once a team registers, all payments are processed through the online portal, which will be provided to the group leader.
Trip payment schedules are structured as follows:
- 10% of total trip cost – due 2 months after registration
- 30% of total trip cost – due 4 months after registration
- 60% of total trip cost – due 2 months prior to trip start date
Please note the following payment stipulations for all trips:
- In the event that a team registers less than five months before their trip starts, the payment schedule will be condensed and adjusted on a case-by-case basis.
- All payments are non-refundable.
- 30% and 60% payments may be retained as a credit toward future trips for up to twelve months from the date of cancellation. Such credit may be applied to cover up to but not more than 50% of the cost of such a trip. In the event that a trip cancellation results in undue or additional costs, Thirst Missions reserves the right to amend this policy to cover additional expenses.
- All late payments will be subject to a 5% late fee, unless a revised payment date has been confirmed in writing by Thirst Missions with the group leader.
- Arrival and departure days count in the tally of total days.
- The $499 group registration fee is in addition to the per person, per day price.
- Adjustments in group numbers and specific people attending may be made up to two months prior to the trip, at which time the group number and specific participants are locked in.
- For trips with hotel/guest house stays, there will be 4 people to a room, usually in 2 double beds. If you would like to add a room it is an additional $100/night/room, and dependent on availability.
- If construction projects are chosen as a ministry option, the donation amount for materials will be included in the final payment as well as any recreation options that are chosen. Please finalize construction donations and rec. options prior to the final payment date.
- For medical or dental ministry, a flat fee of $500/team will be applied to your invoice to cover licensing, government paperwork, and official permission.
For more information regarding Thirst Missions’ payment policies, please contact Thirst Missions’ Director of Finance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation Policy Explained
On all of our trips, all payments are non-refundable. It is our goal to keep our mission trip prices low, while allowing for the highest possible quality trips. Our trip expenses for staff, ministry materials, food, lodging, transportation, and recreation over the course of your trip only represent a portion of the cost to provide a quality mission trip. Substantial expenses are incurred prior to participants arriving on site. These include creating and sending manuals, brochures, and other written materials, recruiting and training staff, creating each trip itinerary, lining up ministries, consulting with each group leader, securing lodging and recreation, arranging safe, reliable transportation, planning and following up on each trip with the church partner, numerous visits to our ministry locations, and administering the business operations. These expenses and many more are a necessary part of putting together a complete mission experience.
In addition, cancellations have a significantly negative effect beyond the financial impact. First and foremost, it adversely affects our commitments to and relationships with staff members who lose work and a ministry opportunity, as well as pastors, churches, schools, and communities who were counting on the trip taking place. They lose the blessing and benefits of a trip when it’s canceled. In addition, when we receive a late notice of cancellation there is typically not time for another group to register in their place and serve in their location.
As such, Thirst Missions assumes no liability in the event a mission trip is relocated, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled due to an unforeseen occurrence, or any other event that would prohibit a successful mission trip. These events include but are not limited to: natural disasters, extreme weather, fires, government restrictions and/or regulations, war, acts of terrorism, curtailment of transportation facilities or utilities, epidemics, or any other emergency.
If it is necessary for Thirst Missions to close a mission trip or week due to insufficient registration, groups may transfer to another site or trip if space is available. If transferring trips or sites is not an option for the group, a full refund will be given.
Thank you for your understanding and for your commitment to ministry. May God be glorified through each participant and every mission trip.